Monday, July 19, 2010

Post Office Concerns



Many residents are complaining about the new sticker affixed to some of our mail. The sticker reads: This mail is addressed incorrectly. Your mail is being processed on automated equipment. To avoid delay or possible return of your mail, please notify the sender of your correct address.

When I went to the local post office, I spoke with the supervisor who can't seem to understand why this is happening. He claims that the stickers are being applied at the sorting station near the airport. Apparently our usual form of address isn't on their computer. I advised the supervisor that there are over 400 homes in this park, and it would be easier to change the computer. He took my name and phone number, and left it at that.

The scarey thing is, that an official change of address occurred with my name at one of my financial institutions. I received a letter notifying me that my address had been officially changed to Austin, Texas. Irately, I called my son in Austin who knew nothing of the matter. Together we made a conference call to the bank and we were told that they received a notice from the post office saying that B15 Lot 20 is not a registered address, and somehow they came up with my son's address, and the post office took it upon themselves to officially change the address of my annuity. Sounds like BIG BROTHER is here. There is a computer somewhere, and it is changing our addresses to something it likes better. My new address is Lot B 1528. It doesn't even make sense! And now I am supposed to mail out a notice to all 150 in our address book. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

No comments: