Friday, May 30, 2008

Night Security

For the second night in a row, your Board members, plus a few volunteers, are diligently guarding the park from sunset til dawn. The electronics portion of the call box has failed us, and a replacement ( or repaired) part is on its way.

Seems to me, it wasn't that long ago when it suffered damage and disgrace when it was stabbed to death by an anonymous screwdriver. Shame on you, whoever did it. I hope we catch you someday!

If you have entered the park late these last two nights, you have been greeted by smiling, friendly faces asking you about your identification and destination. I must admit that I met some residents tonight, on my midnight shift, that I have never seen before. Everyone is friendly and appreciative.

Again, I thank all the volunteers who are giving up their time to protect the park, and Chet Hindman, who is organizing this effort. You all deserve a heartfelt Thank-you from every resident.

No comments: